Pomegranates are superfood fruits. They hold incredible properties that have a fantastic effect on the heart. Studies have shown that they improve blood flow and overall heart health. You can enjoy pomegranate juice or purchase the fruit and extract the juicing, bursting seeds yourself. If you’re not sure how to open a pomegranate, you can follow this easy tutorial. The first time I opened one, I was cleaning juice off the ceiling! Now, I always cut it in half, soak it in water and get the pomegranate seeds out while still submerged in water – then it’s easy to strain them and enjoy!
Pomegranate seeds owe their superfood status to polyphenols, powerful antioxidants thought to offer heart health and anti-cancer benefits. In fact, pomegranate seeds have more antioxidant power than cranberry juice or green tea. (source)
For this smoothie, my husband had the genius idea of mixing strawberries and coconut milk with the pomegranate seeds. Oh my goodness – is it ever delicious!! Add this one to my list of favourites. Yum!
I hope you are joining us for our January Smoothie Challenge: #31Days31Smoothies – and give this recipe a try. Enjoy!Print
Bursting with juicy flavour and creamy texture – this smoothie hits the spot.
- 1/2 pomegranate, washed and seeds removed (gives about a 1/3 cup)
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of full-fat canned coconut milk (bpa-free)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 8 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into high powered blender.
- Blend on high or frozen drink until smooth.
- Serve in tall glasses and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
- Finding Joy and Confidence While Living With Chronic Pain - November 23, 2020
- 100 Festive Things to Do At Home in December - November 21, 2020
- Do You Declutter Your Home Before Decorating for the Holidays? - November 19, 2020