These are good. They are save them for cheat day, good. They are rich, fudgy, and decadent. They are not your typical brownie, they are melt in your mouth brownies. They are the kind that are indulgent, and over the top. You’ll just need one – seriously. You might want another one after a few hours because you’ll think about how amazing they are. But, yeah, just one does it.
These brownies are good.
While you mix the melted chocolate with the coconut oil and vanilla, a sweet aroma will fill the kitchen and awaken everyone’s senses.
Little A. came running and asked to see what I was making. Mr. Smith callled from the living room – Hey, what’s baking in there, pretty lady? It smells amazing.
Chocolate, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla – just a few ingredients is all that it takes to create something wonderful. It’s simple but decadent. Like so many of the sweet things in life.
Once they finished baking and cooling, we each enjoyed a square while the snow came falling down. It’s sparkly and bright, but the temperature is oh so cold; inside as we eat our fudgy brownies and curl up in the living room, it sure is a beautiful sight.
Try these rich, ooey-goeey fudgy brownies for a sweet treat.
- 6 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar
- 8 oz. dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. arrowroot flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 pan (or line with parchment paper or foil)
- In a small pan over low heat, melt the coconut oil, then add the sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, add the chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract.
- Using a mesh sieve (or a sifter), sift the cocoa powder and cornstarch into the saucepan, then add the salt. Stir together, then beat the batter vigorously for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before removing and slicing.
More Delicious Chocolate Recipes:
- Gluten-Free Chipits Brownies
- The Best Gluten-Free Brownies (I love these too, they are more traditional style!)
- Gluten-Free Classic Chocolate Cake