Try these rich, ooey-goeey fudgy brownies for a sweet treat.
- 6 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 c. coconut sugar
- 8 oz. dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. arrowroot flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 pan (or line with parchment paper or foil)
- In a small pan over low heat, melt the coconut oil, then add the sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, add the chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract.
- Using a mesh sieve (or a sifter), sift the cocoa powder and cornstarch into the saucepan, then add the salt. Stir together, then beat the batter vigorously for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes before removing and slicing.