Hemp hearts are an excellent source of protein and omegas and can be added to just about anything you are eating! If you are a smoothie lover like me, go ahead and add them in for a delicious nutty flavour and tasty crunch. You can also sprinkle on cereal, in baking, and on salads too.
COOL THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT HEMP HEARTS:
- Lower in carbs than flax and chia
- 10 grams of protein and 10 grams of omegas, per 30 gram serving
- Hemp Hearts are raw, vegan-friendly and Non-GMO.
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts are grown in Canada and manufactured in a hemp-dedicated facility in Manitoba
To make this yummy smoothie bowl, which is a perfect Valentine’s Day treat by the way – combine 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries, 5 fresh or frozen strawberries, 2-3 ice cubes, and 1/2 cup of nut milk (or cultured coconut milk “yogurt” to make it extra creamy). Blend until smooth, pour into two bowls and sprinkle with a tablespoon of Hemp Hearts over each serving. Enjoy!
We want to share the Hemp Hearts love with you! Leave a comment on this post letting us know what you would put your Hemp Hearts on. I’ll be drawing one name at the end of the week, to receive a 56 gram sample of Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts.
- Leave a comment on this post
- Follow Manitoba Harvest on twitter or instagram
- Be a Canadian or US resident
ALREADY A FAN OF HEMP HEARTS?
Receive 20% off the entire web store at www.manitobaharvest.com
Please use the promo code: HHSweatPink2015
I am a Sweat Pink Ambassador and part of the Manitoba Harvest #HempHearts Campaign. My opinions and experiences are personal and 100% my own.