Hi friends! Thank you so much for visiting today. Looking for more DIY ideas? Be sure to FOLLOW our DIY Board on Pinterest!
Originally, we were going to make the traditional Valentine Hug Card, with googly eyes and a smiley face – but Aiden got creative and wanted to double up the hearts and write a message on his card instead. Who am I to get in the way of creativity!! This is a really easy and fun craft to do with kids, especially at the preschool age. It’s simple for them to participate in and decorate their card as they wish.
I did most of the cutting, but Little A. cut out some of the smaller hearts and did a great job. While we did the craft together, we talked about Valentine’s Day and love in general. He said…
I know mommy & daddy are in love, like in the picture. You are a princess and daddy is dancing with his princess. One day, I will dance with a princess too.
To make this Valentine Hug Card you will need:
- Recycled cereal box
- Red, white, pink construction paper
- Tape or glue stick
- Optional: 2 googly eyes to create a face
Easy Steps to Make a Valentine Hug Card:
- Draw a large heart onto a cereal box and cut it out.
- Trace the heart over red construction paper and cut it out.
- Tape or glue the red construction paper heart to the cardboard heart.
- Cut a sheet of white construction paper in half lengthwise. Of that half, cut into 4 equal strips.
- Fold each strip accordion style.
- Tape or glue the strips to the back of the red heart to create arms and legs.
- Cut small hearts from pink construction paper and tape or glue onto the arms and legs to make hands and feet.
- Here’s where you would glue the googly eyes and draw a happy face OR as we did, tape or glue a smaller heart and write a message.
- Decorate as you wish and give to someone special!
Little A. loved showing off his finished card and decided he wanted to give this hug to his dad for Valentine’s day. Lucky guy!
Even More Fun Ways to Make Valentine Hug Cards:
- Valentine Paper Hug | No Time For Flash Cards
- Valentine Hug Cards | Kix Cereal
- Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids | Mommy Savers
You Might Need These Supplies: