Do you change your eating habits with the seasons? Without a doubt, when the temperature rises, we tend to eat lighter meals. My family doesn’t crave the filling dinners that kept our tummies warm through the cold winter nights! We start enjoying more salads, broth-based soups, and a vegetable stir-fries.
Spring brings milder weather, a change in wardrobe, and fresh meals on our weekly menu. We recently added this delightful Cajun Fish Soup to our rotation. It’s hands down one of the easiest, most delicious soup recipes I’ve ever made. The flavours burst in your mouth with each spoonful.
The use of cilantro, lime, cajun spice, and fresh mangoes makes this meal spicy and refreshing at the same time. It fills the belly with warmth, without weighing it down – while also being rich with nutrients and vitamins.
A light fish flavoured with spice adds just the right texture and taste. The seafood is balanced by the broth, combination of herbs and fruitiness added by the mangoes.
After an invigorating spring walk, this soup is the perfect meal to enjoy and welcome the new season with.Print
A light soup with heart-warming spices and cooling mango. Perfect for the springtime!
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen skinless cod or haddock fillets
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, snipped
- 1 medium fresh mango, chopped
- Thaw fish and shrimp, if frozen. Rinse; pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the Cajun seasoning evenly over fish; rub in with your fingers. Sprinkle remaining seasoning over shrimp; toss to coat.
- Grill shrimp and fish over the stove top or on the barbecue. Follow instructions on package; roughly 5-8 minutes for shrimp and 10 minutes for fish (or until flakey).
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together the broth, lime peel, lime juice, soy sauce, and, if desired, hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Stir in fish, shrimp, green onions, and cilantro; heat through.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and garnish with mango. Makes 4 servings.
- Serving Size: 4
- Crispy Turkey Strip Salad with Pears, Pecans, and Cranberries - March 22, 2022
- These Ultra-Hydrating Products Will Soothe Your Dry Skin - March 3, 2022
- Is A Standing Desk Worth It? We Put One To The Test! - February 11, 2022