A light soup with heart-warming spices and cooling mango. Perfect for the springtime!
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen skinless cod or haddock fillets
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 14 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, snipped
- 1 medium fresh mango, chopped
- Thaw fish and shrimp, if frozen. Rinse; pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the Cajun seasoning evenly over fish; rub in with your fingers. Sprinkle remaining seasoning over shrimp; toss to coat.
- Grill shrimp and fish over the stove top or on the barbecue. Follow instructions on package; roughly 5-8 minutes for shrimp and 10 minutes for fish (or until flakey).
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together the broth, lime peel, lime juice, soy sauce, and, if desired, hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Stir in fish, shrimp, green onions, and cilantro; heat through.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and garnish with mango. Makes 4 servings.
- Serving Size: 4