Who else is craving salads, now that the snow has melted? While during the cold months, I shiver at the thought of a cold, crisp salad – once warmer days hit, I’ve got salad on my mind. Personally, I love lots of ingredients in my salad – it makes it a meal in of itself and also makes salad-eating all the more exciting. Fruits, nuts, seeds, vegetables, the list goes on.
My mom brought me a can pure maple syrup from The Ottawa Byward Market and suggested trying a maple dressing over a fruit and nut salad. The idea sounded too sweet to pass up, so I made a big salad that evening – with strawberries, pecans, organic dried cranberries, and mixed greens. To make the dressing, I used pure maple syrup mixed with balsamic vinegar.
The result? Perfectly delicious! We devoured this Strawberry Pecan Salad with Maple Dressing, down to the last leaf.
I love the crunch of pecans and the sweetness of strawberries together – the dried cranberries add a lovely texture as well.
A sweet and fruity salad that is delicious in spring/summer.
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries (or raisins)
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Add all salad ingredients to a large serving bowl.
- Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Make the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together.
- Lightly pour over the salad.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4