Bringing the tastes of Tuscany to home in this comfort food, gluten free macaroni dish.
- 1 pkg (340g) Catelli Gluten Free Macaroni
- 1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 cup of Italian black olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup of olive juice (saved from jar or can of olives)
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 Tablespoons of thick tomato sauce
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh basil, chopped
- 60 grams fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 200 grams prosciutto, finely sliced.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions (use sea salt in the water). Set aside.
- In a large pot, over medium heat – warm up 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add in garlic and shallots, stirring as they sauté.
- Next, add in the olives and diced tomatoes, cooking for around 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the olive juice, then the tomato sauce and remaining butter, gently stir for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the prepared macaroni into the sauce.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the pot and stir into the pasta.
- Serve immediately in pasta bowls and top with fresh italian parsley, basil, and prosciutto.
- Serving Size: 4