We love the summer heat, the bright sunshine, and outdoor swimming – but we could do without the sun damaged skin, flip-flop worn feet, and frizzy hair, am I right? It takes one heck of a routine to stay summer ready (shaving, pedicures, self-tanning, etc.) and on top of that without the proper maintenance, summer can wear on your natural beauty. Taking care of your glorious summer-self with a few helpful products can help stretch your initial investment (time and money) and rescue you from some of summer’s most common beauty busters.
For instance, to maximize your salon pedicure and stave off dry skin, a good foot soak goes a long way. And how about those luscious locks with sun-kissed highlights? A hair mask can keep your strands healthy and glistening.
When it comes to maintaining a healthy glow, exfoliating and moisturizing are golden. I absolutely love Clinique’s After-Sun Rescue Balm, because it soothes skin after sun exposure but also helps extend a self-tan by keeping your skin extra soft and moisturized. Here are five of my fave summer beauty rescue products to keep you gleaming all season long.
- Bliss Blood Orange & White Pepper Sugar Scrub • $52.08 • Neiman Marcus
- Dr.Hauschka Neem Nail Oil Pen – 4ml/0.13oz • $27.20 • Amazon Canada
- Peppermint Reviving Foot Soak • $17 • The Body Shop
- L Occitane Aromachologie Reparing Shine Mask For Hair • $36 • The Bay
- Clinique After-Sun Rescue Balm With Aloe • $27 • The Bay
Do you have a favourite summer beauty rescue product that keeps you radiant? Do share!