We’ve enjoyed our fair share of al fresco dinners this summer. There’s something so lovely about sitting in the backyard, surrounded by nature and eating a good meal. That is until a swarm of wasps and flies attack you! Which happened to me when I was photographing this amazing dish. Don’t worry, it didn’t stop my husband and I from savouring every single bite. Because this is a meal to savour. The flavours of seafood, white wine, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and chives creates a symphony of taste.
To make this incredible summer pasta, I used my new 12 inch skillet from Circulon Canada. It was just the right size to hold all of the delicious ingredients and cook the sauce to perfection! What I appreciate about this skillet, is its weight and sturdiness. Not to mention its non-stick technology, which allows you to use less oil when cooking.
Achieving perfectly cooked seafood in a beautifully rich white wine sauce may seem like a culinary feat, but I can assure you that it is not. This recipe is as simple as can be and yields gorgeous, mouth-watering results. To complement this dish, we had a lovely extra dry Viognier wine by Cono Sur Bicicleta. The fruity notes and medium body tasted superb with the saltiness of the seafood spaghetti.
If you’re like my husband, then you’ll eat the shrimp tails just like Ernest Hemingway famously did. If you’re like me, then you won’t. I’ll leave that up to you!
A flavourful seafood dish that mixes the delightful tastes of white wine, sun-dried tomatoes and hearty pasta.
- 1 pound gluten-free spaghetti pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup Pinot Grigio (or other white wine)
- 1 pound (454 g) shrimp, peeled
- 1 pound (454 g) scallops, washed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and the garlic and cook for 3 minutes, until tender but not brown. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add the wine, shrimp, and scallops. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the shrimp are pink, about 7 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the seafood mixture. Add the salt and pepper and stir to combine. Stir gently and place on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6
I’m excited to collaborate with Circulon Canada to give away one 7.5” Circulon skillet to a lucky reader! There are lots of ways to get your entries in via the rafflecopter widget below. Good luck and happy cooking!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway is open to our Canadian readers only. Ends August 31st at 12pm EST. Winner will be notified soon there after.
The Best of this Life participated in Circulon Canada’s Blogger Collaboration. All opinions are 100% personal. Thank you for supporting the brands that makes this blog possible.
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020
- Self-Care With the OSIM uCozy 3d Neck and Shoulder Massager - July 3, 2020
- Beauty Buzz: Jouviance Dream Cream Night Repair Cream-In-Mask - June 25, 2020