December can be a busy time at the office and I don’t just mean your work schedule! From in-office holiday parties to secret santa lunches with your co-workers, you can have quite a few events that happen during work hours or just right afterwards. So how do you dress for the office on a day when you know you’ll be enjoying a fancy luncheon?
- Wear work appropriate attire
- Pull pieces from your wardrobe with detailing, like embroidery or gathering
- Be comfortable – you will still put in a full day at the office
- Add texture, sparkle, and colour to your outfit with accessories
- Bring a change of accessories to work (if you don’t want to wear chandelier earrings the whole day, but just for the office party)
- Touch up your makeup before the party and add red lips and highlighter
- Remember this is still a professional environment
- Act like you are being observed by your boss
(keep reading for don’ts…)
These styles from Leave Nothing But Footprints are perfect for the holidays. They are wonderful wardrobe staples with gorgeous detailing. Embroidery, flowy overlays, and flattering silhouettes all add subtle glamour to an outfit. They are ideal for company get togethers with business associates – where you want to look dressed up yet professional.
That leads me to the don’ts of holiday office dressing.
- Wear a cocktail dress or nightclub attire to the office
- Forget that you are surrounded by your boss(es) and colleagues and that revealing clothing is inappropriate
- Apply heavy or over the top makeup
- Wear shoes you can’t be comfortable in for longer than 2 hours, you still have a work day ahead of you
I love the look of slim black pants like LNBF’s Terri Ponte Ankle Pant paired with either a draped blouse or tailored top and blazer, as I’ve styled both these holiday office looks. They are polished yet a bit playful and with fun accessories, you are sure to dazzle at any party!
Leave Nothing But Footprints is a fashionable and environmentally-friendly brand based in Toronto. They create flattering and timeless silhouettes with eco-friendly and luxurious fabrics. Everything feels so comfortable when you’re wearing it. The pieces are simple, yet have elegant detail and flatter all body types.
Right now, you can save 30% off the Holiday Collection with the code: LOVE30
Do you spy an item (or two) that you’d love to wear? Check out the entire LNBF Holiday Collection – there are so many great styles to choose from, not to mention their essentials collection and new menswear line! Take a look for yourself: lnbf.ca
You might also enjoy my blog post on LNBF’s Fall Collection.
Leave Nothing But Footprints Giveaway!
I’m excited to team up with Leave Nothing But Footprints to giveaway the Macey Embroidered Top to one lucky follower. To enter, hop on over to instagram, like the giveaway image, follow both @lnbfootprints & @best_ofthislife and tag three friends to let them know about our giveaway! Good luck!
*Contest ends December 4th. One Submission per person. Open to Canadian & US residents.
My final advice: dress stylishly and professionally, with a touch of sparkle. Then have a blast at your holiday office party!
The Best of this Life partnered with Leave Nothing But Footprints for this post. All opinions are personal. Thank you for supporting the lovely sponsors that make this blog possible.
Fashion Photo credit: Kristy Chapman Photography in Ottawa. Images are copyrighted 2015.