- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups of Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour or another all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup homestyle applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of toffee (or caramel) bits
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, add melted coconut oil and sugars, mix together. Add egg and applesauce, mix until smooth and blended.
- Add in gluten free oats, gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Lastly, gently fold in the toffee bits.
- Scoop balls of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden. Aproximately 13 to 15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool before moving.
- If you would like, melt one 100g dark chocolate bar in double-boiler or microwave, use a teaspoon to drizzle over the cookies and let cool.