- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup of gluten-free oat flour (grounded gf oats)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Grease two baking sheets with butter. Put the confectioners’ sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flours, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 egg and beat on medium speed until blended. Add the other egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Turn off the mixer and add the flour mixture. Beat on low speed or stir until blended.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up a rounded spoonful of dough. Scrape the dough off the spoon into the palm of your other hand. Roll the dough into a ball. Roll the ball in the confectioners’ sugar until covered.
- Place the balls on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until they are crackled and puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set it on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, move the cookies onto the rack and let cool completely.
Depending how big the mounds are the cookies will yield between 18-24