This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PowerYourHoliday #CollectiveBias
Christmas is a time of thoughtfulness, gift-giving and care—why not include all three in an eco-friendly gift that is working to preserve the world?
Energizer®’s EcoAdvanced™ batteries are the first of its kind to offer a new kind of charge: the longest-lasting battery in Energizer’s entire brand, and the first AA battery to have a percentage comprised of recycled materials. As a family, we love gifting eco-friendly items to our friends and family on our Christmas list, and we included these batteries in our Best of this Life’s Green Gift Basket: a basket made from a recycled box that my son decorated and filled with organic and repurposed items that I’m sure the recipient will love.
You can make a holiday basket from paper, delivery boxes, or fruit baskets. Decorate it with tissue paper or felt remnants, like we did and fill it with items that are eco-friendly. I’m a huge fan of flameless candles, because they are safe for the kids and last forever and ever. You can use Energizer®’s EcoAdvanced™ batteries to power them and enjoy their glow all through the holidays. If real candles are more your style, the lovely hand-poured eco candles from Paddywax (made in the USA) are always a big hit!
We also added to our gift a mason jar filled with organic, sustainable green tea. To wrap it up, we cut out a square from a napkin and tied it with baker’s twine. Instead of tissue paper in our basket, we used festive hand towels that are a useful gift for the season as well. We also included one of my favourite lip balms, the all natural and organic eos balm. Instead of wrapping our gift up with plastic wrap, we tied a bow around with baker’s twine. My son was very proud of the gift box he made and the presents we picked to fill it up with. They are simple, fun, and useful!
The sky is the limit for what you could fill in your own Green Living Holiday Gift Basket! Other ideas we have are books, eco-friendly hand soap, Christmas cookies, kid’s art work, a poem, homemade jam…etc.
Energizer®’s EcoAdvanced™ batteries are the perfect choice for any tech-related gift this Christmas, and are extremely versatile. They are also easy to find at your local Walmart in the electronics department.
Here are seven ideas on ways to use these AA batteries this season, all the while knowing that you’re helping to promote longer-lasting energy usage, keep waste levels down, and have less of an impact on the planet while enjoying your gifts:
- As stocking stuffers—perfect for their small size, Energizer®’s EcoAdvanced™ batteries are a great gift to include so that your little ones can immediately play all of the games Santa has delivered!
- Remote controlled toys—Exciting toys like the Sky Viper Streaming Drone and XPV/Marvel Remote Control Hulk Smash Vehicle would be a lot less fun without a couple of Energizer’s batteries to get them going!
- Other remotes—Christmas toys aren’t just for the kids. Dads love their big-screen TV’s, Blu-Ray players and sound systems, and all three are powered by battery-controlled remotes.
- “Pretend Play” toys—kids love to bake and spend time in their “kitchens,” and with toy options like My Happy Kitchen and the Sew Cool Maker Machine, a few Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ batteries will immediately start the fun!
- Flashlights and tools—Christmas is the perfect time for gifting things that will be useful around the house; flashlights and other handheld cordless power tools are prime options to be paired with a gift of Energizer®’s EcoAdvanced™ batteries.
- Wine openers—with Aervana, the art of aerating wine turns into a battery-powered experience. Find this unique gift option here, and keep it in mind for anyone who loves a good merlot or pinot noir.
- Christmas decorations—Energizer®’s EcoAdvanced™ batteries will make decorating for the holidays that much easier! Use them in lit-up snowmen, small glass “Christmas towns” and many other cheery items to bring your household’s Christmas spirit to life!
What sets Energizer®’s EcoAdvanced™ batteries apart from others? It’s the world’s first AA battery made with 4% recycled batteries. By using these batteries in your household and tech items, you’re supporting a company that has made it their mission to continue increasing the amount of recycled materials in their products, with a projected number of 40 percent included by the year 2025!
Be sure to include Energizer®’s EcoAdvanced™ batteries for any gift you give this Christmas, especially for those with an eco-friendly basis like my Green Gift Basket.
Awareness and utilizing recycled and repurposed materials in our Christmas gifts are great ways to lower our impact and keep this planet a beautiful and healthy place! Do you have other ideas on how to use Energizer® EcoAdvanced™ Batteries to help power the holiday season? Share them in the comments!