Yesterday I was doing my weekly Sunday meal prep for this week’s lunches and was about to boil a big batch of cauliflower. However, I thought about adding some spices and switching things up, but wasn’t too sure which ones to use. I did a quick google search and found a few recipes for roasted cauliflower (instead of boiled) that called for turmeric and ginger. That sounded yummy, so I gave it a shot.
Well, I’m excited to report – it turned out wonderfully. The spices added such a lovely flavour to the roasted cauliflower and I’m looking forward to enjoying it all week long.
This recipe is super easy to make. I actually doubled it up so that I would have enough for my husband and I all week long. I’ll be eating this with lean chicken and black beans. It’s also very good cold – you could throw it on top of a bed of greens and enjoy it as a salad.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk together the oil, ginger, and turmeric in a small bowl.
- Place cauliflower in a medium baking dish, with 1 1/2 inch of water and toss with the flavored oil and season with salt. Roast until lightly golden brown and just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Adapted from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/oven-roasted-cauliflower-with-turmeric-and-ginger-recipe.html
- Serving Size: 4
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020
- Self-Care With the OSIM uCozy 3d Neck and Shoulder Massager - July 3, 2020
- Beauty Buzz: Jouviance Dream Cream Night Repair Cream-In-Mask - June 25, 2020