So it’s not quite beach season yet in Ottawa – however, many of my friends are running off to warmer climates to get their beach on. Lucky ducks! The rest of us are waiting for the temperatures to rise, when we can start sunning it up and swimming outdoors (one of my favourite things to do, ever).
Whether you’re jet setting to the Caribbean or waiting on the sun, there’s no better way to get you in the mood for sun, sand, and water than preparing your beach bag. Yep, you’ve guessed it, I’ve already started packing mine!
Every girl has some beach basics they have to bring along with them, here are a few that make my list.
8 Beach Bag Essentials:
- A quality bathing suit that fits: Try a hundred if you have to, but finding the bathing suit that makes YOU feel good in your skin is an essential part of heading to the beach. Adore Me has swim suit styles, sexy lingerie and plus sizes from XS-3X with a large range of colours and looks to love. The one shown here is their Oliana High Waisted two-piece (c/o Adore Me)
- Don’t forget your water: Hydration is necessary when you’re spending time swimming and soaking up rays. Take lots of water!
- Mani-pedi: Grab a bright colour and paint your nails and toes, they’ll look great against the blue of the water.
- Sunscreen: I have a high SPF facial sunscreen for face, neck and shoulders and typically use SPF15-30 on my legs and the rest of my body. I do take extra care to apply the higher SPF on burn zones, like your nose, ears, chest, shoulders.
- A few pairs of sunglasses: I usually wear a pair to the beach/pool and have another in my beach bag, just in case. It’s so important to protect your eyes, while looking super stylish 😉
- Golden jewelry: Obviously wearing jewelry to the beach isn’t that practical, but sometimes it’s nice to have a little touch of gold. Another option are temporary jewelry tattoos to get the same look without the worry of losing any of your accessories.
- A cute towel: I love this towel from Morning Culture Co. – it’s lightweight, dries easily and does the trick.
- Signature summer scent: This is a personal thing. I wouldn’t overload with perfume to go to the pool, but there are some scents that just scream summer to me and I love wearing them. Just one spritz, a walk through the mist, and I feel the beach memories flooding back.
So tell me, what did I miss? What’s in your beach bag?