Mornings can sometimes be chaotic, but your makeup routine doesn’t have to be! Applying an easy, fresh face is the best way to create a healthy look with a touch of colour. When I’m getting ready for a busy day ahead, the last thing I want to do is take on a tricky makeup endeavour (re: heavy contouring, winged eyeliner, ombre lips…etc.). This tutorial takes me from my sleepy self to looking refreshed and vibrant and it will do the same for you in a few easy steps.
I’ll be using some of my new favourite products from Glo Minerals. They are the perfect match for my skin tone and I absolutely love the coverage that the powders offer my skin.
Bonus: they create a flawless matte finish.
Before I get into my morning makeup routine, here’s what you need to know about Glo Minerals makeup:
glo minerals offers a mineral makeup system uniquely designed for skincare professionals and their clients. Our award winning formulations deliver unsurpassed coverage, UV and environmental protection and an exceptional spectrum of mineral pigments. Talc-free and non-comedogenic, glo minerals provides the ideal choice for even the most sensitive skin.
- Exceptional coverage that lasts
- Powerful antioxidant blend
- Formulated for sensitive skin
Fresh Face Makeup Tutorial
- Wash you face with a mild cleanser, pat dry and apply your daily moisturizer (SPF recommended!).
- Apply a primer all over your face, like this face primer from Glo Minerals.
- Next apply Glo Minerals Pressed Base foundation with a powder brush. Sweep it across the makeup and gently tap, then apply evenly over your face. This product is fantastic to have light or full coverage.
- To add subtle contouring and a warm sun-kissed look, use Glo Minerals Bronzer in Sunkiss. Sweep your powder brush in a circular motion over the makeup, gently tap and apply where the sun would normally hit your face – top forehead, cheekbones, chin/jaw line (for contour). Imagine that you’re painting a number 3 on your face. Star at the hairline, then sweep below the cheekbone and along the jawline.
With these steps, you should have a blended, even skin tone that is ready to add a bit of colour to. Below, I’m wearing Glo Minerals Pressed Base in Natural light and a very light application of Glo Minerals Bronzer in Sunkiss. I have yet to put on any blush, lipstick, mascara or fill in my brows, but my skin is evened out from dark circles and redness.
5. To add some brightness to your face, Glo Minerals Brightener Highlight Concealer really does the trick. You can apply it where you want to get rid of shadows; where you want light to reflect. Apply under eyes in a triangle shape from inner eye to outer eye and down towards your cheek and along your nose. Use your (clean) finger tips to pat in or a beauty blender. The key is to blend, blend, blend! I also like to apply just a bit of this highlighting concealer under my eyebrow arch (brow bone) after I’ve filled my brows, because it creates a nice clean look and defines them even more.
6. Next, using a power or blush brush, sweep Glo Minerals Blush in Papaya and tap excess off. Apply to the apples of your cheeks and blend upward. It’s best to start with very little product and build the colour if you’d like a brighter flush.
7. To finish the look, choose a matte lipstick, like Glo Minerals Suede Matte Crayon that is close to your natural lip colour (I’m wearing Demure). Trace the bow of your lip and the outline, then lightly fill in the rest of the lips. This lip crayon is enriched with antioxidant Vitamins C and E as well as conditioning Mango Oil and Shea Butter for nourishing protection – it feels super smooth on your lips and doesn’t dry them out like other lip pencils can.
8. For the finishing touches, fill in your brows (if you are looking for a bolder brow), line your eyes with a natural colour, like a chocolate brown eyeliner, and add a sweep of mascara. Voila!
I stepped outside so you could see how natural this look is even in full daylight. Glo Minerals makeup offers beautiful even coverage and gorgeous shades of blush and lip crayons to add natural and brilliant colour. They also have a full collection of makeup including eyeliners, mascara, lipsticks as well as an assortment of skincare, which I am dying to try!
So what do you think? Is this a natural, fresh face look you’d like to try?
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
With love and gratitude,
The Best of this Life received products from Glo Minerals for the purpose of this editorial. All opinions are personal.