Summer entertaining season is upon us – from Father’s Day to backyard BBQs, the events are already lining up. The warmer months are often a time when we have friends and family over. It’s a great season to throw a party outside and enjoy a appetizers and a great meal alfresco.
When it comes to hosting a gathering, keeping it simple goes a long way. There’s no need to overwhelm yourself (and others) with an over the top dish. Easy, good food is often the best choice – like this delicious Bean & Vegetable Layered Dip. It’s a hearty appetizer that is straight-forward to make, and everyone loves it!
Tasty layers of vegetables, including fresh-tasting Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, top a savoury and lightly spiced bean base – bringing together a beautiful medley of flavours.
This is an ideal appetizers to make when entertaining guests. You can throw it together with ease and everyone can munch on it while you prep the main courses.
I love the fresh and juicy taste of Muir Glen Organic tomatoes. They are absolutely scrumptious used in a cold dip or salad, as well as in your favourite hot dish – like pasta, casseroles, and sauces.
Muir Glen is committed to spectacular flavour – their tomatoes are field grown and vine ripened under certified organic practices. That means no synthetic pesticides, no chemical fertilizers, and true to nature.
To get the recipe for this Bean and Vegetable Layered Dip, visit muirglen.com
Fresh, whole foods is the best start to a great party!
Here are five other of my best hosting tips:
- Plan, plan, plan! Have a set menu, write out how long each appetizer and course will take you to prepare and time it – so you’re not left scrambling.
- Greet your guests. The more you can do ahead of time, the better. You want to be as prepared as possible so that when you guests start to arrive, you can take short breaks from the kitchen to greet, offer a drink and mingle.
- Appetizers. It’s a good idea to set out nibbles and appetizers for your guests so they have something to snack on while waiting for the main meal. Cut up vegetables and dip, cheese and crackers, and a variety of olives are a good place to start.
- Music. A light soundtrack for the party keeps things fun, light-hearted, and sets the tone. Create a playlist ahead of time of your favourite music to set the mood. If it’s a backyard summer party, an oldies playlist with classic tunes that everyone will recognize and hum along to would be spot on.
- Check in with your guests. Asking if they would like a fresh drink or if they’ve had a chance to try a dish is a courteous way to show that you want them to enjoy themselves.
I’d love for you to share YOUR best hosting tip(s) with us! Leave a comment on this post and you could win a Muir Glen Organic Prize Pack including: 4 varieties of Muir Glen Organic tomatoes and a $50 President’s Choice Gift Card!*
After you’ve left a comment, there are more ways to enter in the giveaway widget. Good luck!
*giveaway is open to Canadian residents only.
What is your best hosting tip?
This delicious editorial is sponsored by Muir Glen. All opinions are personal.