- 1 (9 inch) unbaked gluten-free pie crust (purchase pre-made or use mix to make your own)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 pounds cherries, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine almonds, brown sugar, oats, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Work butter into the almond mixture with your fingers, breaking up any large pieces, until incorporated completely.
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Combine cherries, lemon juice, turbinado sugar, and arrowroot starch. Stir until well coated and no dry lumps remain
- Pour cherries and any accumulated juices into the prepared pie pan. Press down into the pan. Crumble oat mixture over the top. Place the pan on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cherries are bubbling and the crust and crumble topping are browned, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Serving Size: 8