Savoury and delicious gluten-free linguine with shrimp, zucchini, corn, olive oil and mint. A perfect meal to enjoy alfresco with white wine.
- 1 pkg. (375g) Catelli Gluten Free Linguine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups ripe roma tomatoes, diced
- One pinch dried child flakes
- 240g large shrimp (optional: cut into pieces)
- 12 large fresh mint leaves thinly sliced
- Add 4 litres of water to a pot and 1tbsp (15 mL) of salt to water. Bring to a boil.
- In a large pot or frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced shallots and cook until tender and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add sliced zucchini and mix well. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until zucchini becomes soft and tender. Season with touch of salt.
- Add corn, diced tomatoes and pinch of chili flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and turn heat down to low.
- Cook linguine according to packaging instructions. Drain well and add to sauce. Add sliced mint leaves and toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4