The summer is coming to an end, and that is a pretty hard time for me. Being raised in the southern parts of the United States, I never experienced the cold back home that is the norm here in Canada, but after a few years I am starting to cope pretty well with it. Nonetheless, I love summer – being outside, having a water balloon fight with my kiddos and riding around the city with the windows down listening to a chill mix with my wife. That being said, it ain’t over till it’s over, and I am not saying goodbye to summer yet, especially with Labour Day coming up – there’s always time for one last hurrah!
When Krave Jerky said they wanted to boost my upcoming long weekend with a Herschel gym bag full of their gourmet meat jerky and Outside Inside’s freestyle table tennis set, I was like – heck ya! I have become a huge Krave Jerky fan, you can read my full product review here and my blog post on how I include it in my gym bag, honestly I think that Krave’s meat jerky is fantastic! Here is a quick recap of what I like best about it:
Why Krave Jerky is so good
- It actually tastes good, and not to pat myself on the shoulders or anything but growing up in Tennessee, I ate a lot of meat jerky and Krave’s version ranks right up there in my opinion.
- It has a short and comprehensible ingredients list. This is a big deal for me, since I do love snacking but I still want to know what it is I am actually eating and this meat jerky (which is also gluten free) has some good stuff in it!
- It has a high protein to low calorie ratio (also 100% lean cuts and low fat), which means that even if I finish a bag pretty quickly (this has happened more than once), it still fits in with my regular daily meal plan.
Now, when I received my Herschel bag (which has become my new gym bag) full of this awesome stuff, I knew that my family was well on the way to preparing for a fun afternoon. Of course, we had to test run a few games of table tennis before a super match this weekend! (How fun is this?)
And we want to share the fun with another Canadian family! Thanks to Krave Jerky we are going to send one family the same bag we received: 1 Herschel bag in red, a few packs of Krave’s delicious gourmet meat jerky and an awesome table tennis set by Outside Inside that will transform your normal table into a ping pong table!
To enter our giveaway:
- Follow @KraveJerky and me @tiger_smith83 on twitter
- RT this tweet
- Reply to the same tweet and tell us what you are doing this Labour Day weekend
— David Smith (@tiger_smith83) September 1, 2016
Optional: If you don’t have access to twitter, please leave a comment on this blog post telling us what you are planning this Labour Day weekend.
Thanks for reading!
This piece is in collaboration with Krave Jerky Canada.
Latest posts by David Smith (see all)
- Celebrate Labour Day Weekend With Krave Jerky (Giveaway!) - August 31, 2016
- Leap of Faith at Great Canadian Bungee - August 2, 2016
- Testing my limits at Crossfit Bytown - May 27, 2016