Spring cleaning might be a serious chore but it comes with the excitement of soon to be adventures by the poolside, barbecuing and soaking up the sun after our long Canadian winter. Fall cleaning on the other hand feels sort of like the party is coming to an end (okay I admit it I love the summer). However, fall cleaning is just as important as a spring spruce up! With the kids going back to school and the busyness of fall activities (apple picking, Halloween, Thanksgiving…) – it’s a great idea to give your home an all around seasonal tidy up. And as sad as we are to see the sun start going down a bit earlier, at least we can sort out the cleaning easier with Dyson’s new V8 Vacuum.
When Dyson asked me if I was interested in trying out their new V8 Absolute vacuum cleaner, I was more than happy to oblige. I kind of have a thing for cleaning! When I received it and took it out for a spin (literally, it’s so smooth on hard floors and carpet) I turned to my husband and said, “alright, this I love!”. Since we split household chores he had to give it a whirl too and he’s just as big of a fan. Here is the skinny on some pretty neat features of the V8 Absolute:
- It is cordless, making it all the easier to maneuver past my kids scattered toys. I can take it anywhere in the house!
- It has a battery run time of up to 40 minutes – which allows plenty of time to get things done.
- It is 50% quieter than previous machines, letting me do a quick cleanup without waking up my toddler from her nap.
- It has a new bin emptying mechanism, allowing you to empty all debris without touching it.
- It is powerful – the V8 has a digital motor that runs at 425W, compared to the previous generation V6’s motor at 350W. Which means I am not going over the same floor multiple times.
- It has multiple cleaning heads, to switch from hard floors to carpet and to clean from top to bottom. It also turns into a handheld vacuum, so you can easily tackle furniture or give the car a nice detailing too.
These are just some of the features that the new V8 Absolute has and after testing it out for a couple of weeks, I have come up with a couple of tips to use this awesome machine during your fall cleaning!
Tips for fall cleaning
- Pick a day and pack it away; instead of the mishmash of pulling out fall stuff when needed and piling it on top of summer things, take an off day and have everyone pitch in picking out what the need for back to school and cooler temperatures, then stash the summer gear away.
- After the reorganization of packing up the summer and pulling out fall clothes and decor, start your cleaning from top to bottom, this might seem pretty obvious, but often it is easy to just do a quick surface clean, but with the V8 Absolute you can get at those nooks and crannies and give the top of your living areas a nice tidying up (make sure to vacuum your fabric blinds, mounted light fixtures and kitchen cupboards too).
- After cleaning the top of your living spaces, take care of the bottom, by vacuuming all hardwood and carpeted floors. Go as far as emptying closets and cleaning up all that summer dust and dirt.
Voila! The Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free vacuum cleaner is a BIG help when it comes to completing your fall cleaning. It takes on the tough jobs and makes them a breeze.
The Dyson V8 cord-free vacuum range is available on DysonCanada.ca and at major retailers across Canada. The V8 Absolute cord-free vacuum retails for approximately $699.99 and includes a two year warranty on parts and labour. Additional tools can be purchased from DysonCanada.ca.
This piece is in collaboration with Dyson Canada.