- 1 cup oat flour (grind gluten-free oats)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 medium apple, diced
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray. Combine oats, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut oil. Stir until combined.
- Set aside a heaping half-cup of the oat mixture, then press the rest evenly into the prepared pan. Top with diced apples.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 12 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Original recipe: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/apple-oatmeal-bars/