- 4 cups of whole milk or canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or good quality chocolate
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- In a medium-sized pot, over medium heat, warm up milk for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add in chocolate and continue stirring for 5-8 minutes as the chocolate melts into the milk.
- Add in peppermint extract.
- Once preferred temperature is achieved, serve right away.
- Top with favourite whipped topping (try coconut whipped cream!) & sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Enjoy!
I personally find this hot cocoa sweet enough, but you can always add sugar if need be.