Do you have a list of foods that are “musts” for your holiday dinners? We have a few favourite dishes, sides, and treats that we try to make every, single year and my mom’s homemade cranberry chutney is one of them. Whether you’re topping a cracker with a smear of goat’s cheese and chutney or serving it as a side to roasted turkey – it’s full of sweet and savoury flavour that has a bit of Christmas in every bite.
This is a one pot, throw-all-the-ingedients-in, and soon be done kind of chutney. With just a few healthy supplies from your local farmer’s market or produce store and a half hour to spare, you’ve got yourself a delicious jar of chutney to use throughout the holiday season. You can even make a few batches of it and give them as personal gifts to your friends, family, or teachers.
From my mom’s kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this recipe throughout the holidays as much as my family does.
- 1 lb cranberries
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped finely
- Simmer first 7 ingredients on the stove top (in a large pot) for 15 minutes.
- Add in remaining three ingredients (onions, apples, celery) then simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Cool and scoop into sterilized jars.
Keeps for up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
You might also enjoy:
The Best of this Life’s Holiday Gift Guide
- 21 Easy Meal Prep Ideas to Make the Best Kids Lunches - July 28, 2020
- 35 Fun Backyard Activities for Kids to Do This Summer - July 18, 2020
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020