These healthy and moist carrot apple muffins make a nutritious breakfast.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, liquid form (or other oil)
- 1/3 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 small gala apples (or other sweet apple), grated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- A pinch of ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 filled cup grated carrot
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a muffin tin with twelve liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg. Then add in mashed banana, coconut oil, honey and brown sugar.
- Then add grated apples, grated carrot and almond milk.
- In a cup, add oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir together. Add into the wet mixture. Then add gluten free flour. Stir until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until centre comes out clean with a knife test or tooth pick test.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once they are cooled, enjoy!
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days or store in freezer safe container for up to 3 weeks.
- Serving Size: 12