A decadent summer treat for the brownie-lover!
- 1 package Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Brownies
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for topping
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of chocolate-coconut cookies (or other chocolate-coconut candy/chocolate bar) cut into small pieces, plus extra for topping
For hot fudge
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Brownies following the instructions on the package, stir in ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut, and bake. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 5 cups of vanilla ice cream, and stir in chopped up chocolate-coconut cookies. Mix until the ice cream is smooth, like a soft serve.
- Place the brownie base on a serving platter and top with ice cream mixture, lining up the ice cream layer with the base. Spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the hot fudge.
- To make the hot fudge combine sugar, cocoa, and salt in small saucepan.
- Add enough water (about 1/4 cup) to make consistency that is easy to stir.
- Add butter to cocoa mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Allow to boil for 1 minute, stirring. Remove from heat. Add vanilla.
- Drizzle the hot fudge over your brownie ice cream cake. Top with extra chocolate-coconut cookie pieces and sweetened shredded coconut. Allow to set for 2-3 minutes before serving!
- Keep in freezer safe container in freezer for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 16