A comforting sweet, savoury and cheesy potato casserole.
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 6–8 medium-sized russet potatoes, washed thoroughly and sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 10–12 PC Black Label Borettane Onions, halved
- 2 cups of shredded white cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups 5% cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh micro greens ( I used Pea Shoots )
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 13×9 baking dish with butter.
- Layer half of the potato slices in dish, cut up remaining butter and top. Add salt and pepper to preference.
- Next, add layer of bacon, shredded cheese, onions and greens.
- Top with the remaining potatoes, slightly overlapping to create a nice presentation.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the casserole.
- Cover and bake for 1h30-2 hours, or until custard is cooked and set.
- Remove foil and broil for 5-10 minutes, watching closely until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
- Let the casserole settle for 30 minutes before serving.