A steamy, decadent holiday drink the whole family will enjoy.
- 8 cups whole milk or other rich, creamy milk (like coconut, or cashew – I used canned coconut milk)
- 6 oz white baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes or 3 Tbsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Optional for topping
- Whipped cream
- Crushed candy canes
- chocolate sprinkle
- mini candy canes
- Turn your slow cooker to LOW and beginning adding all your ingredients, stirring them to combine. Allow the slow cooker to warm up for 15 minutes then switch to HIGH and let the hot chocolate simmer for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes to make sure the candy cane and chocolate blends well with the milk.
- Before serving, test the temperature to make sure it’s not too hot before serving.
- Optional: top with whipped cream, sprinkle with crushed candy canes or chocolate sprinkles and finish the presentation with a mini candy cane. Cheers!
- Cook Time: 60
- Serving Size: 8