A nutritious and easy snack to whip up, these apple chips with cinnamon sugar are a delightful and healthy treat.
- 1 large red delicious apple (or other sweet apple)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Position baking rack to lowest level.
- Preheat toaster oven to 225 degrees F.
- Wash apple, cut into slices, remove seeds.
- (The thinner the slice, the crispier the chip. The thicker the slice, the chewier the chip.)
- Dry the apple slices using a paper towel, to absorb some of the juice.
- Arrange apple slices on a metal baking sheet.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and sprinkle over apple slices.
- Bake in the preheated toaster oven for about an 1 hour.
- Use oven mitts to remove the baking sheet and transfer the apple chips to a wire rack until cooled.
- Makes about 6 slices, with one large apple.
- Twice baked: for even crispier chips, you can turn the apples over half way, or bake them an hour and then flip them and bake them for another 30 minutes. Different apple varieties will bake differently, producing softer or crispier baked apples. I love them whether they’re chewy or crispy!
- You can make these without the cinnamon sugar, they’re just as tasty.