Delicious moist and flavourful muffins, perfect to use up seasonal apples.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon apple pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, ginger, cardamom)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups diced apples, peeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or full fat canned coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil or butter, cooled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 350 F.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin and save for later.
- Mix dry ingredients first in a large bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, apple pie spice and sugar. Combine until lumps are gone and it’s smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, Greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly add to the centre of the dry ingredients and stir until well combine.
- Add in the diced apples and stir gently until they are evenly distributed.
- Using a large spoon, fill the muffin tins to the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until the centre comes out clean (use a butter knife or toothpick to test).
This recipe makes 12 large muffins. Feel free to add raisins or cranberries for extra flavour.