Only 4 more sleeps until Christmas Day!!!
It’s time to bake Santa some cookies and I’ve got just the recipe. One of my favourite Christmas cookies are as simple as can be: Oatmeal Red and Green M&M Cookies. They remind me so much of my childhood. Adding them to the list of treats I bake with my own children during the holidays captures a touch of nostalgic Yuletide magic.
This actually happens a lot around this season – from wrapping up presents to decorating the tree – and I just love it. It’s funny how those little red and green button-sized confectionaries do that for me too!
Of course, these M&M candies are delicious by themselves, but when you add them to a cookie you get a colourful festive treat that is perfect for any holiday get-together or for snuggling up waiting for good old Saint Nick.
Hands down, one of my favourite desserts to add them too is the oatmeal cookie; the blend of hearty and warm oatmeal with the sweet and crunchy M&M’s makes one delicious mouthful!
These Christmas cookies are chewy, soft, buttery, and sweet in all the right ways.
There is nothing like getting cozy with my kiddos, watching a beloved Christmas classic and sharing a plate of these cookies. And I promise, Santa loves these just as much as I do! He also loves that these are a lets-get-into-the-Christmas-spirit kind of cookie, great for baking a few days before Christmas and enjoying them as you count down the days.
What I also love about this holiday cookie recipe is how easy it is to make and it’s ideal for little ones to help out with. Just make sure you have extra M&Ms on hand for munching on.
I hope you enjoy the taste of comfort, Christmas, and childhood in every bite!
Enjoy the delicious buttery, sweet, oat flavour of these classic oatmeal cookies – with a tasty chocolate candy twist for Christmastime.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 2/3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Red and Green M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Grease or line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the gluten-free oats, gluten-free flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add to butter mixture and stir together until dough forms. Gently add in the M&Ms.
- Cover and chill the cookie dough in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Drop cookie dough balls of about 1 Tbsp large on the baking sheets. Leave 2 inches space in between each ball. Gently press them down (not flat) and top with a few extra M&Ms.
- Bake for 10 minutes until they have lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before transferring to a storage tin or serving plate.
PIN this recipe!
- Finding Joy and Confidence While Living With Chronic Pain - November 23, 2020
- 100 Festive Things to Do At Home in December - November 21, 2020
- Do You Declutter Your Home Before Decorating for the Holidays? - November 19, 2020