Enjoy the delicious buttery, sweet, oat flavour of these classic oatmeal cookies – with a tasty chocolate candy twist for Christmastime.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 2/3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Red and Green M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Grease or line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the gluten-free oats, gluten-free flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add to butter mixture and stir together until dough forms. Gently add in the M&Ms.
- Cover and chill the cookie dough in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Drop cookie dough balls of about 1 Tbsp large on the baking sheets. Leave 2 inches space in between each ball. Gently press them down (not flat) and top with a few extra M&Ms.
- Bake for 10 minutes until they have lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before transferring to a storage tin or serving plate.