In this recipe, a simple honey glaze elevates fresh salmon fillets for a delicious and healthy dinner that’s easy to prepare any day of the week.
A Fresh, Flavourful Salmon Recipe
Salmon, also known as the king of fish, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, and is a terrific source of protein. If you’re looking to add a new meal to your weekly dinner rotation, I highly recommend a nutritious salmon dish. This recipe is quick, simple, healthy, and hearty. You can easily prepare it as a casual weeknight dinner, or serve it as a sophisticated entrée for guests.
Whether you pair it with seasoned brown rice, a robust salad, or roasted winter vegetables, it’s sure to hit the spot!
related: Cajun Fish Soup Served with Mangoes
The Honey Glaze Makes This Dish Sing
The secret to cooking these melt-in-your-mouth salmon fillets to perfection is the combination of a light flour coating (I used gluten-free flour), and the sweet and savoury glaze. The glaze is made with honey and soy sauce; just two ingredients that lock in the salmon’s juices while creating a tasty, light crust on the exterior.
When you cut into the salmon fillets, they are flaky, moist, and juicy. The honey glaze compliments its natural flavour beautifully and each bite is bursting with goodness.
related: Salmon with Coconut Sauce
Nutritious Salmon Fillets Are Perfect For a Cold Winter’s Day
I recently made this recipe for my husband and I after we had spent the afternoon outside on a very cold winter day. It was ready in a flash and was the perfect meal to warm our bellies up and replenish our energy. As an added bonus, we had leftovers for the following day that tasted wonderful over a bed of greens and chopped vegetables.
Whether you make these salmon fillets for the whole family as a hot, comforting meal or prepare them in advance and portion into weekday lunches, you’ll love their fresh flavour!Print
Tasty honey-glazed salmon fillets that are bursting with juicy flavour.
- 4 salmon fillets (aprox. 6 oz each), boneless and skinless
- 1/3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 lemon
- chives or tops of green onions
- In a small dish, stir together 1/4 cup honey and 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides of all salmon fillets.
- In a shallow dish, pour 1/3 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour (or regular flour).
- Lightly coat both sides of all salmon fillets, and shake off any excess.
- In a non-stick pan, over medium (to low) heat, add oil. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbsp light olive oil.
- Using a basting brush (or pastry brush), coat one side of all salmon fillets and reserve the rest of the glaze for other side.
- Once the oil heats up, add the fillets to the pan with the glaze side down.
- In the pan, brush the second side of all fillets with remaining glaze.
- Sauté the salmon fillets on the first side for 3 minutes, then gently flip over and sauté second side another 3 minutes.
- The glaze will form a golden caramelized crust.
- Gently cut into one of the fillets and check that the salmon is cooked through – it will flake softly and be slightly translucent (nearing opaque) pink.
- Serve with a sliced or wedge of lemon and top with chopped chives or green onions.
- Serving Size: 4
PIN this recipe!
- Discover Alltrue: A Socially Conscious Subscription Box and Community - October 9, 2021
- Mindfulness in Children: How to Make It Part of Family Life - October 3, 2021
- How You Can Create A Calm Environment At Home To Help Your Family Thrive - August 3, 2021