Add some pizzazz to broccoli by pairing it with crispy bacon and a creamy dressing! This delicious broccoli salad is yours to customize the way you’d like with scrumptious add-ins like walnuts and dried cranberries. It’s vibrant, nutritious, and bursting with flavour!
You Can Prepare This Salad in Advance
These days, I find myself busier than ever with work projects, home projects, and family activities. Meal prepping healthy food for myself and my family is important to me. Not only because I want us all to eat balanced meals and snacks, but also because having ready-made food (that I’ve made!) in the fridge that I can pull out and serve is a big stress-reliever. Especially on those extra packed days.
This broccoli salad keeps fresh in the fridge for 3 days (it could keep longer, but fresh is best). When we get a chance to do meal prep on Sundays, it’s easy to grab to add to our dinner table or lunches for the next few days, along with other prepared foods. Hard-boiled eggs, egg cups, energy bites, muffins, granola bars, and macaroni casserole are just some of the other snacks and dishes I might prepare in advance for the week ahead.
Make This Salad Your Own
My mom is the one who introduced me to this broccoli salad, and I’ve been a fan ever since. We’ve made it several different ways, using a variety of additional ingredients, or simply broccoli and bacon with a creamy dressing. When you do add more toppings, you get lots of crunch and lovely texture. And if you like a touch of sweetness, try dried cranberries to complement the rest deliciously!
As You Already Know, Broccoli is Good For You
Broccoli is packed with antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin K. When prepared in different ways like roasted, in a stir-fry or in this salad, its flavour really pops. Personally, I’m not a fan of plain boiled broccoli, it just doesn’t do it for me.
But as you can see, this creamy broccoli salad has lots of crunch, flavour, colour, and vitamins! I hope you give it a try and add it to your salad repertoire. Bon appetit!Print
A vibrant broccoli salad full of crunch and bursting with flavour.
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets
- 5 strips cooked bacon broken in pieces
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 3 Tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Whisk together mayonnaise, olive oil, and lime juice (squeezed out from 1/2 lime) in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, and bacon. Pour the prepared dressing over and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR EASY REFERENCE!
- 21 Easy Meal Prep Ideas to Make the Best Kids Lunches - July 28, 2020
- 35 Fun Backyard Activities for Kids to Do This Summer - July 18, 2020
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020