With each bite into these heavenly macaroons you taste beautiful coconut flavour with hints of vanilla. They’re delectable, delicious, and divine.
- 5 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk ([ Most Canadian cans tend to be 300 ml (10.1 oz) so you need to buy 2 ])
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop that’s been sprayed with cooking spray, begin to scoop up mounds of the mixture to drop on to the cookie sheets. Depending on your cookie drop sizes you should be able to make anywhere between 36-48 macaroons. If they are on the smaller size, bake for minimum time, if you make them a bit bigger, give them extra time to bake but watch them closely.
- Cookies should be spaced out by about 1 1/2 inches. Keep going until all the mixture is used up.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Once out of the oven, let cool for 5 minutes then gently transfer to a cookie rack to cool completely before you storing them or serving.
I made this batch slightly on the larger side and got 36 macaroons. I baked them for around 13 minutes, watching them the last minutes as they browned.
This recipe is originally from The Spruce Eats. I used unsweetened shredded coconut instead of sweetened.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian