This recipe combines salad and dinner together! The pairing of Caprese ingredients over steak is spectacular!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 boneless cross rib steaks (around 750g OR fillet mignon OR sirloin – for 4 people)
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves
- In a small mixing bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, pinch of salt, dried thyme, and dried oregano.
- Place steak in a deep dish or large bowl, pour the marinade over the steak and let sit for at least 25 minutes.
- Grill steak for around 3-5 minutes per side over high heat (depending on thickness of cut).
- Remove from the grill and slice the steaks.
- Top each serving with mozarella and tomato. Optional: add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add fresh basil on top, serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American, Italian