Looking for an easy and tasty appetizer? Why not fire up the grill and cook these simple steak kabobs. This recipe is a cinch and it’s all about letting the natural flavours of the vegetables and steak come through with just a touch of butter (or olive oil) and light seasoning.
These make wonderful appetizers to include in a BBQ spread and they’re perfect for Canada Day with the bright pops of red grape tomatoes. Yum!
Hands up if you love summer BBQs! What are your favourite foods to throw on the grill? I love everything from grilled vegetables to salmon burgers. The flavour that comes out when you grill food on the barbecue is just so delicious.
I especially like to eat outdoors. Biting into grilled juicy vegetables and perfectly cooked steak, while surrounded by the beauty of nature, the warmth of the sun, and a gentle evening breeze is such a delight. A true pleasure that summertime brings with it!
Celebrate Canada Day with these Colourful Steak Kabobs
We’ll be celebrating Canada Day with family and throwing a backyard barbecue party, not only to say “Happy Birthday” to Canada but also to my husband! So we’re having a double celebration and that means two times the fun.
My kiddos, Abigail and Aiden, are so looking forward to surprising their daddy with lots of presents and playing outdoor games together at the party. They’ve been planning the whole thing pretty much the day after Father’s Day, hehe. They moved on from one party planning assignment to another and began coming up with ideas for his birthday.
My husband loves grilled vegetables and meat, so we’ll definitely be making these delicious kabobs for the party.
A Delicious and Simple Appetizer
As I mentioned, they are easy as can be to make. You can even prepare them a few hours before it’s time to throw on the grill and leave them wrapped in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. They take very little time to cook and they’re a delicious appetizer to serve to guests.
For these, I used grape tomatoes (cherry tomatoes work too), red onions, white mushrooms, and sirloin steak – which I purchased already cut into pieces (I cubed some of them into smaller sizes, about 1 ¼-½ inch). Feel free to add other veggies too!
I kept the seasoning simple too. Just some melted butter, Kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper is all you need; the flavours pop out on their own.
I hope you enjoy this tasty app with friends and family this summer.
Throw these simple steak, tomato, onion, and mushroom kabobs on the grill for a delicious appetizer this summer.
- 12 grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 12 chunks of red onion ((¼–½ red onion chopped))
- 12 mushrooms (stems cut off)
- 12 cubes of sirloin steak ((about 1 large steak))
- 2 Tbsp melted butter (or olive oil)
- Kosher Salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Purchase pre-cubed sirloin steak or a large steak to slice and cube into approximately 1 ¼ inch thick pieces.
- On a skewer, alternate grape tomatoes, red onions, mushrooms, and steak. Wrap the end of the skewers with aluminum foil so they don’t get burned.
- Place the skewers on a plate, coat them with melted butter or olive oil – you can use a brush for this step if you’d like or simply pour it over them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill or stove top to high to begin grilling the skewers. You can place them straight on the grate on the grill, or use a grill pan on the stove top.
- Place the skewers on the grill (or in the grill pan), cook for about 3-4 minutes per side. If you prefer medium rare steak, less time will be needed to cook.
- Remove them from the grill and take off the aluminum foil. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!