Throw these simple steak, tomato, onion, and mushroom kabobs on the grill for a delicious appetizer this summer.
- 12 grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 12 chunks of red onion ((¼–½ red onion chopped))
- 12 mushrooms (stems cut off)
- 12 cubes of sirloin steak ((about 1 large steak))
- 2 Tbsp melted butter (or olive oil)
- Kosher Salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Purchase pre-cubed sirloin steak or a large steak to slice and cube into approximately 1 ¼ inch thick pieces.
- On a skewer, alternate grape tomatoes, red onions, mushrooms, and steak. Wrap the end of the skewers with aluminum foil so they don’t get burned.
- Place the skewers on a plate, coat them with melted butter or olive oil – you can use a brush for this step if you’d like or simply pour it over them. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill or stove top to high to begin grilling the skewers. You can place them straight on the grate on the grill, or use a grill pan on the stove top.
- Place the skewers on the grill (or in the grill pan), cook for about 3-4 minutes per side. If you prefer medium rare steak, less time will be needed to cook.
- Remove them from the grill and take off the aluminum foil. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American