A sublime lime mousse that's easy to make and refreshing to enjoy this summer.
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp full fat sour cream
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- raspberries, strawberries or cherries (for garnish)
- small lime slices or wedges (for garnish)
- Place an metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before starting.
- Have four small bowls or cups set aside, ready to fill with mousse mixture.
- Remove the metal mixing bowl from freezer, pour in the whipping cream and beat with an electric beater until soft peaks form. Place in the fridge to keep chilled until it's needed.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese and Monk Fruit sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat until the mixture is smooth. Add in the sour cream, lime zest, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream in two steps, then gently fold in the lime juice. The consistency of the mousse will be slightly more liquidy but it will solidify in the fridge.
- Carefully scoop out the mousse into your bowls or cups, wiping off any drips from the inside and outside rim.
- Cover the dishes with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours, preferrably overnight.
- Garnish the serving dish with a small slice of lime and a strawberry, raspberry or cherry before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from foodnetwork.ca
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American