Made with oats, toasted rice cereal, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, and chocolate chips, these festive Cowboy Cookies are a holiday delight.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening or lard (for dairy-free) (or butter, softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ((Enjoy Life brand is good for dairy-free))
- Preheat oven to 325F. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, in order on the list. Drop by teaspoonsful on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove to place on a wire rack to cool completely before storing. Enjoy!
Makes 4-5 dozen cookies depending on size.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American