These gluten-free almond chocolate chip cookies are bursting with holiday flavour. The scrumptious hint of cinnamon and vanilla combined with the crunch of almonds and richness of chocolate, make them a delightful treat!
Let The Holiday Baking Begin!
There is this remarkable combination of cold snowy weather, coming inside with red cheeks, and the smell of cookies baking that hits me in all the right spots.
Now, is there really a bad time for cookies?
I don’t think so, but the holidays are (in my opinion) the best time for cookies, and my favourite season to bake!
My family enjoys baking year-round, but baking during the holidays is traditionally wrapped in so many beautiful memories. Holiday baking is more than making tasty cookies, it is one of the ways I celebrate this time of year! Putting out a plate of homemade cookies for my loved ones to enjoy is an easy way for me to run into the festive spirit.
Making Messes in the Kitchen All Throughout the Holiday Season
With my holiday baking, there are going to be all kinds of different cookies with lots of different flavours. I can’t wait to share some new recipes I’ve been working on, as well as some of my all time favourite classic Christmas cookies.
To kick things off, I started with these gluten-free almond chocolate chip cookies! They are especially delicious to enjoy with tea or coffee, because they have biscotti vibe to them (yes, that’s a thing!).
These gluten-free cookies are easy to prepare, make, and cook for just 10 minutes in the oven. So they’re ready in no time at all.
Made with vanilla, cinnamon, slivered almonds, and of course, chocolate chips the flavours combine to create a delicious and festive taste!
Almonds and Chocolate, Together Forever
Chocolate covered almonds are one of my favourite treats and these cookies embody that delightful flavour, but what I love so much about this gluten-free cookie recipe is how versatile it can be.
You can also make this recipe your own by swapping out the almonds and chocolate chips for dried cranberries, white chocolate, caramel bits and so much more to create your own custom holiday cookie.
Gluten-Free Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening (or 1 stick butter)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (or regular white flour)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 oz slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cream vegetable shortening, sugar, and egg together. Add in vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in gluten-free flour until blended and finally, add chocolate chips and almonds.
- On a lined cookie sheet, drop the cookie dough by the teaspoonful. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Enjoy!
- you can make these using vegetable shortening (like Crisco), lard, butter, or margarine.
- to keep these dairy-free, use dairy-free chocolate chips
PIN THIS RECIPE!
The Best of This Life: sharing inspiration for food, family, life, style, beauty, and home decor since 2011.