These gluten-free almond chocolate chip cookies are bursting with holiday flavour. The scrumptious hint of cinnamon and vanilla combined with the crunch of almonds and richness of chocolate, make them a delightful treat!
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Shortening ( (or 1 stick butter))
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour ((or regular white flour))
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 oz slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cream vegetable shortening, sugar, and egg together. Add in vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in gluten-free flour until blended and finally, add chocolate chips and almonds.
- On a lined cookie sheet, drop the cookie dough by the teaspoonful. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Enjoy!
- you can make these using vegetable shortening (like Crisco), lard, butter, or margarine.
- to keep these dairy-free, use dairy-free chocolate chips
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American