These cookies will bring you back to your childhood! They are soft, chewy, and not too sweet. They're the perfect afternoon treat to enjoy with a glass of milk.
- 3/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour ((should include xanthan gum, otherwise add 1/2 tsp))
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup lard ((or unsalted butter, coconut oil))
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins ((soaked in warm water for 5 minutes))
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Soak raisins in warm water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Combine gluten-free flour, baking powder, spices, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat lard (or unsalted butter, coconut oil) and sugars together until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Continue beating until blended. Next, incorporate the flour mixture a little at a time and the oats. Keep beating on low until mixed. Finally, fold in the raisins.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up the cookie dough mixture and drop down on to the baking sheet, aproximately 1 1/2 – 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes (check around 10 minutes as time varies per oven) or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven. Let cool for a few minutes before removing the cookies to cool completely on wire racks.
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American