We’re all about simple and healthy recipes like this easy mason jar pasta salad. We spotted this recipe on pinterest via Good Housekeeping and just had to try it for ourselves! What’s not to love? It’s packed with delicious flavours! It also happens to be the ideal salad to enjoy for a picnic or as a work lunch, because you don’t have to worry about it getting soggy. The dressing stays at the bottom until you flip the jar over and gently mix it up before you dig in!
Yes, We Love Mason Jar Recipes!
My whole family likes food and beverages served in mason jars. It’s just one of those quirky things you don’t need to overthink. Therefore, we of course enjoy chowing down on healthy salads in mason jars. Not only does it make prep work easier, it’s pretty too.
If you’ve never prepped a mason jar salad before, this recipe is a simple one to begin with. You can takeaway or add whatever you’d like to it to remix this salad for your taste palette.
Personally, I love the flavour combination of local tomatoes, fresh arugula, marinaded chickpeas and a sprinkling of feta. Yum!
Take This Salad to Go
I can’t overstate the convenience of this salad. You can prepare it in advance and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to go. Several times this summer, we dived into our mason jar pasta salads. They were the perfect choice to bring with us on picnics – even if we were just heading to sit under the big birch tree in our backyard.
Let’s Talk About the Flavour
You’ve got sweet red onion, nutty chickpeas, juicy cherry tomatoes, fruity kalamata olives, peppery arugula and tangy feta. Paired with the comforting texture of pasta, this salad hits all the right notes.
To customize this pasta salad for our flavour preferences, we used a quinoa blend of gluten-free free pasta and for the dressing, grape seed oil and balsamic vinegar (instead of olive oil and red wine vinegar).
The key to enjoying this pasta salad is that is must be cold! It’s SO refreshing and satisfying right from the fridge. So, if you’re traveling with it, make sure you keep it on an ice pack to stay cool and delicious.
When it comes to eating nutritiously, we say, “chase the rainbow” and this easy mason jar pasta salad certainly does just that. Look at all that colour!Print
This pasta salad is bursting with colour and flavour! Make it for your next picnic or work lunch.
- In a 1 litre mason jar, combine chopped onion, grape seed oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste (just a pinch of each will do!). Stir in the chickpeas and make sure they are covered in the dressing.
- Layer with tomatoes, Kalamata olives, gluten-free pasta, baby arugula, and feta cheese.
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. To serve, flip the mason jar to allow the dressing to cover the rest of the ingredients. You can give it a light shake before digging in. Enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from the original version from Good Housekeeping.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mason jar pasta salad, pasta salad, salad
SAVE THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST!
- Finding Joy and Confidence While Living With Chronic Pain - November 23, 2020
- 100 Festive Things to Do At Home in December - November 21, 2020
- Do You Declutter Your Home Before Decorating for the Holidays? - November 19, 2020