One of our favourite holiday flavour combinations is white chocolate, cranberry, and orange. Which marries perfectly in these soft, chewy, decadent holiday cookies. The flavours of the sweet white chocolate, tart dried cranberries, and citrusy orange zest come through beautifully in every bite.
If you’re looking for easy and delicious cookies to make this holiday season, I highly recommend whipping up a batch of these White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies with Orange Zest.
The Best Cookie of the Year
My husband has named these cookies “The Best Cookie of the Year!” While I usually make this recipe with only white chocolate and dried cranberries, the addition of a tablespoon of orange zest took them to a whole other level. The burst of citrus balances the sweetness wonderfully!
Cookies Make the World a Better Place
If there were ever a year to bake holiday cookies, this would be it. We’re baking up a storm around here. What are we doing with all these Christmas cookies? We’re wrapping them up in sweet little tins and giving them to our friends, family, and neighbours. A small box of treats goes a long way in saying, “we’re thinking of you.” I don’t know about you, but I always feel warm and fuzzy inside when our neighbours deliver a box of homemade cookies!
When in Doubt, Add Orange Zest
That hint of orange zest is what sets these cookies apart. I encourage you to try it! But if you’re not a fan of orange, you can play around with the flavours. You can add nuts (macadamia nuts would be delicious), cinnamon, or dark chocolate. Because you can never really have too much chocolate, right?
I hope these cookies brighten up your holiday season! They are sure to fill your home with the most heavenly scent. And bring a smile to the people with whom you share them.Print
The flavours of the sweet white chocolate, tart dried cranberries, and citrusy orange zest in these cookies come through beautifully in every bite.
- 1/2 cup lard
- 1/2 cup packed golden yellow sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- In a separate medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add it into the wet mixture in three parts. Mix until combined (don’t over mix!). Fold in the orange zest, white chocolate chips, and chopped dried cranberries. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.Remove dough from the fridge and scoop out heaping tablespoons onto the baking sheets. Leave about 2 1/2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Once they are cooled, store in a container in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: white chocolate, dried cranberries, christmas cookies, cookies
For more Christmas cookies, visit our Christmas recipe index for inspiration!