This hearty minestrone soup is made in one pot and cooks in under 30 minutes. It’s an easy weeknight dinner that hits the spot, especially on a cold winter’s day. With all the vegetables and addition of macaroni, this soup makes for one satisfying meal in itself.
First, prepare all the vegetables
If you have a food processor that can dice vegetables, this is the perfect recipe to use it for. It saves on time and delivers small even pieces that cook in no time at all. If you don’t have one, no problem! Dice all the vegetables and set aside.
Gradually add in each ingredient
This flavourful soup cooks in no time at all. Stay close to the pot and keep stirring as each ingredient is added into the pot. First, you’ll start with olive oil for browning the garlic and softening the onions. Next up, carrots, then celery, then green beans. Finally, you’ll add in Italian season, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, and kidney beans. Simmer, simmer.
Stir in the macaroni and cook for 10 more minutes
Now it’s time to add in the macaroni. Once you pour it into the soup, it takes about 10 minutes to cook through. Continue to stir frequently to make sure the macaroni doesn’t try to stick to the bottom of the pot! Once the macaroni is cooked to your liking, the soup is ready! At this point, feel free to take a taste-test and see if it needs any additional seasoning.
Enjoy this minestrone soup as a main meal
This soup is so hearty and filling, you can enjoy it as the main course. A simple green salad and rustic bread pair wonderfully with it. Serve it up in soup bowls and top with parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and fresh basil. Yum!
On those cold winter evenings, after a walk outside in the snow, this minestrone soup is the perfect meal to warm you up and fill your belly.Print
This hearty minestrone soup is made in one pot and cooks in under 30 minutes. It’s an easy weeknight dinner that hits the spot, especially on a cold winter’s day.
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (796ml or 28 oz)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes (796ml or 28 oz )
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can kidney beans (540ml or 19oz) drained and rinsed
- 1 cup dried macaroni
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
- Begin by washing and preparing vegetables. Wash and rinse kidney beans, thoroughly.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Add in garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add in onion, cook for 3 minutes. Then add carrot, celery, green beans, Italian season, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, and kidney beans. Gently stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in macaroni and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, until the pasta is cooked to preference. Remove from heat. Serve in soup bowls, top with fresh parsley, basil, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: minestrone soup, homemade soup, one pot meal, soup, bean soup, Italian
- Easy and Delicious Whole Grain Stuffing With Sage for Thanksgiving - October 6, 2022
- How To Throw An Easy Backyard Party – and Earn Aeroplan Points Too! - August 8, 2022
- Why Backyard Gardening Is Easy With Raised Garden Bed Planters - July 21, 2022