If you are in the market for an excellent travel bag, you are in the right spot. I will skip right to it; I may have found just what you have been looking to own.
Meet the Weekender Bag by Leather Neo. It is the ideal-sized travel bag for a mini-vacation or a short-term work trip. With its timeless look, sturdy material, and elegant design, this bag has it all. But before I jump into its many features, let us talk about what makes a good bag.
Have you ever walked into a luggage store and felt overwhelmed? I certainly have.
There are so many choices. Which is the best travel bag? How do you choose?
What Makes a Good Travel Bag?
When it comes to bags, in general, I consider myself somewhat of an expert. Over the years, I collected a few select bags. All of them are for specific use and designed to stand the test of time.
If you are wondering how to choose the best travel bag for a short trip, here are some of the key points I look for: sizing, compartments, and functionality. Of course, style is a significant point I consider as well.
I usually pack light for a day trip or overnight trip. So I stay away from bulky bags with too many zippers and compartments. I need something easy to move with, stylish, and that meets my storage needs.
Here’s a closer look at my list of what to look for in a travel bag.
9 Things To Remember When Picking A Travel Bag
- Size: you don’t want it to be too big! If you’re using an airplane overhead bin, make sure to check your airline’s most recent guidelines. For example, Air Canada’s maximum carry-on size is 21.5 x 15.5 x 9 in.
- Weight: because you’ll be filling up your bag, it’s important to consider the initial weight of your bag. Will you be carrying it a lot? Will it meet the maximum carry-on weight or will you have to check it?
- Price point: while this is a personal opinion, somewhere midline is my suggestion. If you use the bag to travel by plane or train, it could be lost. However, I want to invest in a piece that will stand the test of time, keep my items secure, and be comfortable for travel.
- Durability: Look for well-made zippers and strong stitching. An enduring travel bag will have sturdy material that can take the wear and tear of traveling.
- Color: this is a personal preference. I lean towards neutrals and classic colors. Consider your other travel items, your other luggage pieces, and your wardrobe. What color would be a good fit to go with your style?
- Style: I like the look of distressed rustic leather because it’s timeless and it pairs with classic looks such as sporty, elevated casual, and business attire.
- Handles: check the handles and straps! Are they solid? Do they have strong stitching? Handles are where a lot of wear and tear happens. High-quality handles and straps will have durable reinforcement.
- Compartments: I need a variety of pockets and zippered compartments to keep my items organized. A good travel bag will have a few sections to ensure your clothing, toiletries, and tech gear are secure.
- Material: consider a durable material that will not give up on you. Leather Neo uses the finest grain of buffalo leather when making their handmade luggage bags. It’s a high quality, solid, and sturdy material. Another durable material to consider is canvas.
Is A Weekender Bag The Right Travel Bag For You?
Here is my case for the weekender bag – also called a weekend bag. As its name implies, it is a favored choice for a weekend getaway. Whether you are heading to the cabin for a few days, taking a day trip to a neighboring city, or doing short-term travel for work, this bag has got you covered.
There is ample room for clothing, accessories, and toiletries. It usually comes with a long strap that you can wear over your shoulder or crossbody and handles that make it easy and comfortable to carry.
I am taken with the Brown Leather Weekender Bag & Luggage Travel Duffel from Leather Neo ($175 USD). The bag has so much to offer: from style to functionality. This travel bag can hold a laptop, clothing, toiletries, book, a small umbrella, your wallet, phone, and more.
Not to mention, it is classic. Timeless. The kind of bag that will last you forever and carry all your travel stories with it. That character might be my favorite thing about it.
As I outlined above, remember to factor in the features key to you when picking a travel bag. Defining your deciding points is the first place to start before you shop. When you find one that meets most of your criteria, then you know it is the one.
Just like I did with the Weekender Bag.
This piece is presented in partnership with Leather Neo. All opinions are honest and personal.