- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon rosewater
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used lite), at room temperature
- 2 medium black velvet apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 6-cup bundt pan with baking spray (or butter and flour) and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on high speed for 10 minutes until very light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and rosewater. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing 1 minute after each addition and scraping down the side of the bowl as needed. Reduce speed to low and add in the sour cream and flour mixture alternately, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the apricots into the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes in pan before removing carefully from pan. Let cool. Serve with some powdered sugar and fresh apricots.
- To make this cake GLUTEN-FREE, use Cup4Cup flour (http://www.cup4cup.com/)
- To make this cake DAIRY-FREE, replace butter with creamy virgin coconut oil, and the sour cream with coconut yogourt.